WIREMAN – LEARNING OUTCOMES – ITI
1. Make good quality electrical wire joints for single and multi strand conductors suitable for applications with soldering following electrical safety precautions.
2. Draw and set up DC and AC circuits including R-L-C circuits with accurate measurement of voltage, current, resistance, power, power factor and energy using ammeter, voltmeter, ohm-meter, watt-meter, energy meter, power factor meter and phase sequence tester with proper care and safety.
3. Plan, draw, estimate material, wire up and test different type of domestic wiring circuits as per Indian Electricity rules and taking care of quality. Construction and working of MCB & ELCB. Test a domestic wiring installation using Megger.
4. Identify the type of batteries, construction, working and application of Ni-cadmium, lithium cell, lead acid cell etc. Demonstrate their charging and discharging, choosing appropriate method and carryout the installation and routine maintenance with due care and safety.
5. Make choices to carry out basic jobs of marking out the components for filing, drilling, and riveting, fitting and assembled using different components independently.
6. Plan and install Pipe & Plate earthing. Measure earth resistance by earth tester.
7. Select and perform electrical/ electronic measurements with appropriate instrument.
8. Plan and execute electrical illumination system viz. FL tube, HPMV lamp, HPSV lamp, Halogen & metal halide lamp, CFL, LED lamp etc.
9. Plan, draw, estimate material, wire up and test different type of industrial wiring circuits as per Indian Electricity rules and taking care of quality.
10. Plan, draw, estimate material, wire up and test different type of commercial and computer networking wiring circuits as per Indian Electricity rules and taking care of quality.
Construct and test Half–wave, full-wave, and bridge rectifiers with filter & without filter. Troubleshoot and service of DC regulated power supply.
11. Interpret the constructional features, working principles of DC machine. Starting with suitable starter, running, forward and reverse operation and speed control of DC motors. Conduct the load performance test of DC machine with due care and safety. Maintain and troubleshoot of DC machines.
12. Interpret the constructional features, working principles of single phase and 3 phase AC motors. Starting with suitable starter, running, forward and reverse operation and speed control of AC motors with due care and safety.
13. Interpret the constructional features, working principles of Alternator set. Test, Wire-up and run alternator. Synchronization of Alternator with due care and safety.
14. Interpret the types, constructional features, working principles of transformer (single & three phase) Connect and test Transformer.
15. Prepare single line diagram and layout plan of electrical transmission & distribution systems and power plants with knowledge of principle applied. Make and test power connection to substation equipments with care and safety.
16. Select, assemble, test and wire-up control panel.
17. Plan, estimate and costing of different types of wiring system as per Indian Electricity rule.