WELDER- LEARNING OUTCOMES – ITI
1. Set the gas welding plant and join MS sheet in different position following safety precautions. [Different position: – 1F, 2F, 3F, 1G, 2G, 3G.]
2. Set the SMAW machine and perform different type of joints on MS in different position observing standard procedure. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap & Corner), Butt (Square & V); different position – 1F, 2F, 3F,4F, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G]
3. Set the oxy- acetylene cutting plant and perform different cutting operations on MS plate. [Different cutting operation – Straight, Bevel, circular]
4. Perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by Gas welding (OAW). [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint]
5. Set the SMAW machine and perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by SMAW. [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint]
6. Choose appropriate welding process and perform joining of different types of metals and check its correctness. [appropriate welding process – OAW, SMAW; Different metal
– SS, CI, Brass, Aluminium]
7. Demonstrate arc gouging operation to rectify the weld joints.
8. Test welded joints by different methods of testing. [different methods of testing- Dye penetration test, Magnetic particle test, Nick break test, Free band test, Fillet fracture test]
9. Set GMAW machine and perform welding in different types of joints on MS sheet/plate by GMAW in various positions by dip mode of metal transfer. [different types of joints-Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V); various positions- 1F, 2F, 3F,4F, 1G, 2G, 3G]
10. Set the GTAW machine and perform welding by GTAW in different types of joints on different metals in different position and check correctness of the weld. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V) ; different metals- Aluminium, Stainless Steel; different position- 1F & 1G]
11. Perform Aluminium & MS pipe joint by GTAW in flat position.
12. Set the Plasma Arc cutting machine and cut ferrous & non-ferrous metals.
13. Set the resistance spot welding machine and join MS& SS sheet.
14. Perform joining of different similar and dissimilar metals by brazing operation as per standard procedure. [different similar and dissimilar metals- Copper, MS, SS]
15. Repair Cast Iron machine parts by selecting appropriate welding process. [Appropriate welding process- OAW, SMAW]
16. Hard facing of alloy steel components/ MS rod by using hard facing electrode