Knowledge in simple wiring in T.R.S., P.V.C. wires on two button, testing & connecting D.C. generators, motors and repairing minor faults, connecting and running a A.C. motors, carrying out simple windings, re-winding of detected faults in both DC & AC machines, installing a rectifier and repairing minor faults, rectifying the faults of simple amplifiers, home circuits, carrying out battery charging, and armature winding, etc.. are imparted in this trade. All electrical wiring requirements in out campus are carried out by these students.
ELECTRICIAN – LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Prepare profile with an appropriate accuracy as per drawing following safety precautions.
2. Prepare electrical wire joints; carry out soldering, crimping and measure insulation resistance of underground cable.
3. Verify characteristics of electrical and magnetic circuits.
4. Install, test and maintenance of batteries and solar cell.
5. Estimate, Assemble, install and test wiring system.
6. Plan and prepare Earthing installation.
7. Plan and execute electrical illumination system and test.
8. Select and perform measurements using analog / digital instruments.
9. Perform testing, verify errors and calibrate instruments.
10. Plan and carry out installation, fault detection and repairing of domestic appliances.
11. Execute testing, evaluate performance and maintenance of transformer.
12. Plan, execute commissioning and evaluate performance of DC machines.
13. Execute testing, and maintenance of DC machines and motor starters.
14. Plan execute commissioning and evaluate performance of AC motors.
15. Execute testing, and maintenance of AC motors and starters.
16. Plan, execute testing, evaluate performance and carry out maintenance of Alternator / MG set.
17. Execute parallel operation of alternators.
18. Distinguish, organise and perform motor winding.
19. Assemble simple electronic circuits and test for functioning.
20. Assemble accessories and carry out wiring of control cabinets and equipment.
21. Perform speed control of AC and DC motors by using solid state devices.
22. Detect the faults and troubleshoot inverter, stabilizer, battery charger, emergency light and UPS etc.
23. Plan, assemble and install solar panel.
24. Erect overhead domestic service line and outline various power plant layout.
25. Examine the faults and carry out repairing of circuit breakers.
ELECTRICIAN CAREER PROGRESSION PATHWAYS
• Can join industry as Technician and will progress further as Senior Technician, Supervisor and can rise up to the level of Manager.
• Can become Entrepreneur in the related field.
• Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education.
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to NationalApprenticeship certificate (NAC).
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor inITIs.
• Can join Advanced Diploma (Vocational) courses under DGT as applicable.
ELECTRICIAN JOB ROLE
Electrician General; installs, maintains and repairs electrical machinery equipment and fittings in factories, workshops powerhouse, business and residential premises etc. Studies drawings and other specifications to determine electrical circuit, installation details etc. Positions and installs electrical motors, transformers, switchgears. Switch boards and other electrical equipment, fittings and lighting fixtures. Makes connections and solders terminals. Tests electrical installations and equipment and locates faults using megger, test lamps etc. Repairs or replaces defective wiring, burnt out fuses and defective parts and keeps fittings and fixtures in working order. May do armature winding, draw wires and cables and do simple cable jointing. May operate, attend and maintain electrical motors, pumps etc.
Electrical Fitter; fits and assembles electrical machinery and equipment such as motors, transformers, generators, switchgears, fans etc., Studies drawings and wiring diagrams of fittings, wiring and assemblies to be made. Collects prefabricated electrical and mechanical components according to drawing and wiring diagrams and checks them with gauges, megger etc. to ensure proper function and accuracy. Fits mechanical components, resistance, insulators, etc., as per specifications, doing supplementary tooling where necessary. Follows wiring diagrams, makes electrical connections and solders points as specified. Checks for continuity, resistance, circuit shorting, leakage, earthing, etc. at each stage of assembly using megger, ammeter, voltmeter and other appliances and ensures stipulated performance of both mechanical and electrical components filled in assembly. Erects various equipment such as bus bars, panel boards, electrical posts, fuse boxes switch gears, meters, relays etc. using non-conductors, insulation hoisting equipment as necessary for receipt and distribution of electrical current to feeder lines. Installs motors, generators, transformer etc. as per drawings using lifting and hoisting equipment as necessary, does prescribed electrical wiring, and connects to supply line. Locates faults in case of breakdown and replaces blown out fuse, burnt coils, switches, conductors etc. as required. Checks, dismantles, repairs and overhauls electrical units periodically or as required according to scheduled procedure. May test coils. May specialize in repairs of particular equipment manufacturing, installation or powerhouse work and be designated accordingly.
ELECTRICIAN JOB SCOPE – ITI
2. POWER PRODUCTION AND TRANMISSION.
3. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
6. MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS.
7. ARMED FORCES.
Electrician Entry Qualification & Course Durations – ITI
• Passed 10th class examination with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent.