Trade Draughtsman Civil
Knowledge in construction, drawing in various types of buildings, (building plan), drawing in AutoCAD software, measurement of building and estimation are imparted in this trade.
DRAUGHTSMAN CIVIL – LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Draw free hand sketches of hand tools used in civil work following safety precautions. 2. Draw plane figures applying drawing instruments with proper layout and the method of folding drawing sheets.
3. Construct plain scale, comparative scale, diagonal scale and vernier scale.
4. Draw orthographic projections of different objects with proper lines, lettering and dimensioning.
5. Draw Isometric / Oblique / Perspective views of different solid / hollow / cut sections with proper lines, lettering and dimensioning.
6. Draw component parts of a single storied residential building with suitable symbols and scales.
7. Draw different types of stone and brick masonry.
8. Draw different types of shallow and deep foundation.
9. Draw different types of shoring, scaffolding, underpinning, framework and timbering.
10. Draw different types of Damp proofing in different position.
11. Drawing of different types of arches and lintels with chajja.
12. Perform site survey with chain / tape and prepare site plan.
13. Perfom site survey with prismatic compass and prepare site plan.
14. Perform site survey with plane table and prepare a map.
15. Make topography map bycontourswith levelling instrument.
16. Perform site survey with Theodolite and prepare site plan. 17. Drawing of different types of carpentry joints.
18. Draw different types of doors and windows according to manner of construction, Arrangement of component, and working operation.
19. Prepare the detailed drawing of electrical wiringsystem. 20. Draw types of ground and upper floors.
21. Draw different types of vertical movement according to shape, location, materials in stair, lift, ramp and escalator.
22. Draw different types of roofs, truss according to shape, construction, purpose and span.
23. Draw single storied building site plan layout.
24. Create objects on CAD workspace using Toolbars, Commands, Menus, formatting layer and style.
25. Draw a sanction plan of double storied flat roof residential building by using CAD.
26. Create objects on 3D modeling concept in CAD.
27. Prepare a drawing of public building detailing with roofandcoloumnsby frame structures using CAD.
28. Prepare detailed drawing of RCC structures using CAD and prepare bar bending schedule.
29. Draw the details of a framed structure and portal frame of a residential building using CAD.
30. Draw the different types of steel sections, rivets and bolts using CAD. 31. Draw the details of girders, roof trusses and steel stanchions using CAD.
32. Prepare the detailed drawing showing the different types of sanitary fittings, arrangements of manholes, details of septic tank using CAD.
33. Draw the details flow diagram of water treatment plant (WTP) and Swerage Treatment plant (STP).
34. Draw the cross sectional view of different types of roads showing component parts using CAD.
35. Draw the details of different types of culverts using CAD.
36. Prepare detailed drawing a bridge using CAD.
37. Draw the typical cross section of rail sections, railway tracks in cutting and embankment usingCAD.
38. Prepare detailed drawing of typical cross sections of Dam, barrages, weir and Cross drainageworks using CAD.
39. Draw the schematic diagram of different structures of Hydro electric project using CAD.
40. Prepare detailed estimate and cost analysis of different types of building and other structuresusing application software.
41. Prepare rate analysis of different items of work.
42. Problems on preparing preliminary/Approximate estimates for building project.
43. Prepare a map using Total station.
44. Locate the station point using GPS and obtain a set of co-ordinates.
Draughtsman Civil CAREER PROGRESSION PATHWAYS
• Can join industry as Technician and will progress further as Senior Technician, Supervisor and can rise up to the level of Manager.
• Can become Entrepreneur in the related field.
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs.
• Can join Advanced Diploma (Vocational) courses under DGT as applicable.
DRAUGHTSMAN CIVIL JOB ROLE
Draughtsperson Civil; prepares drawings of buildings, stores, high ways, dams, culverts, etc. from sketches, notes or data for purposes of construction or alternations. Takes instructions form Civil Engineer studies sketches and calculates dimensions from notes or data. Draws to given scale different elevations, plan, sectional views etc. of desired construction using drawing instruments. Draws detailed drawings of specific portions as required. Indicates types of materials to be used, artistic and structural features, etc. in drawing as necessary.May do tracing and blue printing. May reduce or enlarge drawings. May prepare or check estimate schedules for cost of materials and labour. May prepare tender schedules and draft agreements. May work as Draughtsman Architectural.
Draught person, Structural; prepares drawings of bridges, steel structures, roof tresses etc. From sketches, designs or data for purposes of construction, alteration or repairs. Studies sketches, data, notes etc. and receives instructions from Structural or Mechanical Engineers regarding details and types of drawings to be made. Calculates dimensions as necessary from available notes, data etc. and by application of standard formulae. Draws to scale detail, assembly and arrangement drawings showing sectional plan and other views as directed and prints (writes) necessary instructions regarding materials to be used, limits, assembly etc. to clearly indicate all aspects of structure to be manufactured. May prepare estimate and operation schedules for labour and material costs. May prepare tender schedule and draft agreements. May prepare tables showing requirements of bars, their numbers, sizes and shapes. May trace and make blue prints.
Draughtsperson, Topographical; Sketches topographical drawings to scale in different colours using blue print prepared from field plane tables.Carries out independently projection of small scale map to predetermined size, incorporating features covered in survey, producing total geographical effect by hill shading, giving contours, profile, cross sections, authorised symbols, etc.Uses grid tables, projection table compasses, pantograph, planimeter, etc.
DRAUGHTSMAN CIVIL JOB SCOPE – ITI
1. GOVERNMENT OF TAMILNADU,RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYAT.
2. HIGHWAYS DEPARTMENT.
3. CAD DRAFTER IN CONSTRUCTION OFFICE.
4. BUILDING SITE SUPERVISOR.
DMC Entry Qualification & Course Durations
• Passed 10th class examination with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent.
• 2 years.