Ragging is an unpardonable injustice against students community and students who indulge in this barbarian act will definitely be expelled from the institution and also punishable by law (vide GO Ms No 469 ES & T/dated 24.04.1989 and DTE Lr No 109717/J3/ 88 dated 22.09.1989).
- The Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997 (Tamil Nadu Act 7of 1997).
- G.O.MS.No. 366, Higher Education(G1) Department, dated:26.07.199, (Framing rules under Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act)
- AICTE, New Delhi Notification dated:01.07.2009.
- Letter No.15777/Higher Education (G1) Department, Secretariat, Chennai-09/2015-1, dated: 09.09.2016 along with the minute of the 7th meeting of State Level Monitoring Cell for eradicating the menace of ragging in Educational Institutions.
- Letter No. 14185/G1/2016-1, dated: 30.09.2016 from Higher Education (G1) Deparment, Secretariat, Chennai-09 along with minutes of the 18th Meeting of Anti-Ragging Committee held on 08.06.2016 in UGC Main Office at New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Dr.R.K.Raghavan, former CBI Directors.
- Letter No. 14051/G1/2016-1, dated: 03.10.2016 from Higher Education (G1) Department, Secretariat, Chennai – 9 along with MHRD, New Delhi, Letter No.D.O.No.16-5 / 2015-05, dated: 11.07.2016.