Welcome to ITI – Industrial Training Institute, SRKV, Coimbatore.
The Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore, now a vast complex of 15 educational institutions, commenced its activities in the year 1930 with the blessings of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna. The father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi, laid the foundation stone of the first wing, a school. Ayya Sri T.S. Avinashilingam, the Founder Secretary, nurtured the institution with his visionary and devoted service. Now it is more than seventy five years since its inception.
ITI – (Full Name : Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya Private Industrial Training Institute) is one among the 15 educational institutions run by Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore, a major educational branch centre of the well renowned global organization Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal.
ITI- Industrial Training Institute, was founded in the year 1951 with the intention of eradicating un-employment among youth, and providing skilled man power to Industries in and around Coimbatore. In a humble way, we started with two trades namely Fitter and Turner with the affiliation and financial support from the Government of Tamilnadu. In the year 1982, a two year course on Draughtsman Mechanical, and Mechanic (Motor Vehicle) was started with the affiliation from National Council for Vocational Training ( NCVT), Government of India. In the same year two year Fitter course got affiliated with NCVT. In the year 1992, a two year course in wireman was started with affiliation from NCVT. In the same year Two year Turner course got affiliated with NCVT. Presently our students’ strength is 200.
ITI – SRKV is the only institute selected by Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, to set up Vocational Training Centres in Banda Aceh, Indonesia ( 9 Trades), in Puttalam, Batticaloa, and Nuwara Liya, Sri Lanka ( 3 Trades in each centre), and in Harare, Zimbabwe ( 1 trade).
We have signed MOUs with Builders Association of India, and TATA Motors to impart special and additional skills to students.
Our Students have obtained state level ranks in the State Skill Competition conducted by Government of Tamilnadu. Our Students have also secured state level positions in the various sporting events conducted by Tamilnadu Government.
We have been imparting different short term courses under the sponsorship of various ministries of Government of India, and Government of Tamilnadu,, and several industrial houses.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR ITI
- ISO 9001Certification from 2005 onwards, and ISO 29990:2010 Certification from 2018 onwards.
- Providing 100 % placements through on-campus interviews in reputed establishments, to all the students for the past 20 consecutive years.
- Our prominent recruiters are: Hyundai Motor India, Caterpillar India Inc., TVS Group of companies, Asian Paints, Numeric Power Controls, Enercon India, Ashok Leyland, Fujitech Limited, Lakshmi Machine Works Limited, PRICOL, NISSAN Motors, ELGI Equipments, Suzlon Limited, L G Balakrishnan Brothers Limited, MAK Controls India Limited, Aquasub Engineering, Johnson Lifts Private Limited, Emerald Jewel Industries Limited, VEEJEI Automation, RRI Engineering etc.
- A state of the art CNC Training Centre
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with reputed establishments like TATA Motors, CII, CODISSIA, BAI, CEBACA, TVS Sundaram Clayton Limited, Lakshmi Machine Works Limited, Suba Plastics Limited, Emerald Jewel Industries Limited, Johnson Lifts Private Limited, Aquasub Engineering, Libra Industries, Associated Autotex Ancillaries Private Limited, Surfine Tools Limited, Microtec Automation Limited, ELTEC Engineering, Overdrives Limited, VEEJEI Automation, RSM Autocast for Visits, Training, and Placements.
- Setting up Vocational Training Centres in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and Zimbabwe, through Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- Has the pride of creating more than 500 successful entrepreneurs.
- Provided short term skill training to around 9500 youth, with the sponsorship from Government of Tamilnadu, and Government of India.
- Workshops and Laboratories facilitated with Modern machineries and equipments.
- Fully facilitated play grounds and indoor stadiums.
- An active Alumni Association.